Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Love People Who Cant Spell on Ebay

I must share my ebay buy of the century. I have been looking for a table for the house for a few months - requirements being French Provincial style, preferably whitewashed, 8 seater + and with rounded corners. You can imagine my excitement when I found this furniture lot....


This 10 seater table which extends to 12 seater. Complete with 10 chairs and 2 carvers (chairs with arms)



PLUS this four door buffet (excuse the hideous ornaments - the seller's not mine)



PLUS this two door buffet



I spoke with the seller to confirm this fact - this dining suite cost her $10000. The seller was a very posh sounding lady from St Ives (correction....SnIves). She said she bought it from a furniture dealer in Turramurra (Turramurrahhh).

I bought this entire suite - chairs, table and both buffets - for $600.

The reason I got it so cheaply - because the previous owner's daughter listed it on ebay for her and mispelt the word dining therefore leaving the listing out of any searches on ebay under the word 'dining' hence no other bids. The irony - how much did the said seller pay to send her daughter to a private school?

So wicked but this is just too good a deal not to be.

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah, poor spelling, advertising in wrong category, bad pics - makes for good buying sometimes doesn't it!! lol

    ReplyDelete